August 19, 2010
We are pleased to announce our partnership with Quest Construction Data Network ~ http://www.questcdn.com/ This is a web-based initiative that will deliver our construction project bid advertisements and project plan documents to you in a more cost-effective way. You will be notified in our normal bid advertisements about the availability of this alternative information delivery and how to acquire the digital plan sets, but we wanted you to be aware of this so you can try it at your earliest convenience.
Just a few notes about the benefits of this service:
1. Plans will be delivered in the Adobe PDF format so there is no software investment required, just the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program. You will need to have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat or information may be missed.
2. While paper plans will be available for the foreseeable future*, the digital plan sets will be available at a fraction of the cost of paper.
3. When addenda are issued, you will receive an e-mail notifying you to return to the web site to access them. In order to receive addenda, you must submit your e-mail address for both digital and paper sets of plans. If you purchased a set of digital plans, you may upload addenda free of charge from QuestCDN or Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc. However, if you purchased paper plans, your addenda will be e-mailed to you.
4. Planholder lists and project bid results will also be available on-line. Just point and click on the picture icon on the right of “two people pointing at construction plans in the field.” This will bring you to our project summary page to browse our projects.
5. Downloaded plans are not scaleable, neither the Owner nor the Engineer shall be held responsible for the scale of downloaded plans. Only printed plans obtained from Blue Print Service Company, Inc., shall be considered to be scaleable plans.
Please feel free to contact me directly or you may contact QuestCDN.com at 952-233-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Lee G. Novak, P.E., President
Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc., 920-662-9641
*paper plan sets may be purchased from Blue Print Service Company, Inc., in Appleton (920-733-4539) or Green Bay (920-494-4539). You may arrange to order and pick up your plans at one of their locations or have them shipped directly to you. Also, if you want to view the plan set before deciding to purchase them, you may do so at either Blue Print Service Company, Inc., locations or at Robert E. Lee & Associates, Inc.